I love making handmade gifts. I am always looking for fun and easy gifts that can be made for my friends and family. Recently I decided to make homemade refrigerator magnets. My sister is a huge fan of Robin Williams. She has been since she was nine years old and watched Patch Adams for the first time. I love trying to figure out new gifts to give her that includes her favorite actor. So when I snagged an old entertainment weekly magazine with Robin Williams on the cover, I knew I had to make something.
These magnets are so simple to make! I had no idea how quick the process would be and how great they would turn out! Here is how to make your own magnets!
Pictures (these can be from a magazine, postcards, books)
- Find the pictures you want to use for the magnets.
- Place gem on the picture in order to get the placement that you would like.
- Trace around the gem and cut out the picture.
- Mod podge the front of the picture and the back of the gem.
- Place picture on gem and allow time to dry.
- Once dried grab the magnet, pull off the tape, and place it on the back of the gem.
- Voila! You have yourself a handmade magnet!
This is a great DIY for a quick and easy gift for friends and family. My sister absolutely loved hers!