This week was National Pi Day! To celebrate the day the girls and I decided to make mini apple pies.
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
6 tbsp cold butter
4 tbsp cold water
- Mix together the flour and salt in bowl
- Cut in the butter with a fork until the mixture is in crumbles
- add water and mix
- roll into ball and place on floured surface
- roll out dough
- To make the round shapes for the muffin tin we used a round cutter from our play-dough collection!
Apple Pie Filling
- 4 cups of peeled, diced apples
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- mix all into a bowl
- pour a spoonful into each mini pie
- bake at 350° for 40 min or until top is golden brown
- we were able to make 12 mini muffins
For the top crust. This is totally up to you! The girls wanted to create some fun designs, so we used play-dough cutters! The girls loved this!
These were absolutely delicious!!